Company: EBCO INDUSTRIES LTD.
Reporting to: Foreman/ Supervisor,
Division: Heavy Machine Shop Manager
Ebco Industries, Ltd. (Ebco) is one of Canada’s largest manufacturing facilities with over 63 years in manufacturing expertise. We deliver world-class quality manufacturing and repair and rebuild services to projects based domestically and worldwide. Our strengths encompass the complete spectrum from heavy metal fabrication, heavy machining, turnkey assembly to light precision machining and fabrication as well as precision sheet metal fabrication. Our customers range from small and/or start-up companies to world class suppliers of OEM capital equipment and machinery. Our headquarters and manufacturing facility is located in Richmond, B.C. Canada.
As an Assembly Fitter, your role is critical to the reputation that EBCO has built for delivering world-class quality manufacturing and repair and rebuild services to projects based domestically and worldwide. You will be responsible for all aspects of Assembly, relating to Mechanical equipment including installation, fault-finding, trouble shooting and other related duties, activities as directed by the Manager or Foreman
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Operating of forklift and overhead cranes
· Knowledge and experience of working with hand-tools, power tools, and shop equipment.
· Knowledge and experience of installing and operating hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Experience with heavy duty equipment including mining, hydro, pulp and paper and gear box refurbishing.
· Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings, specifications on a component, sub-assembly, main-assembly level.
· Good communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in English (reading, writing and speaking)
· Must be adaptable to rapid changes in work priorities, meet numerous project deadlines simultaneously.
· Must be able to use all equipment safely and lift to 40-50 lbs
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong critical thinking skills